Trout Almondine is a simple yet flavorful dish, which is quick to make as a last minute meal whilst being very healthy.
This recipe can be prepared using trout fillet or a full trout. It can also be cooked on a griddle pan. The leftover fish, should you have any, is delicious served on a salad as lunch the next day. The recipe also works well with salmon- for the salmon the almond butter can be omitted.
Salt and pepper
– Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
– Rinse trout, pat dry.
– Place on a baking tray.
– In a bowl, add in some softened butter, juice of a lemon, some fresh ground pepper and salt. Mix.
– Place blobs of the mixture, or smear it on to the trout- if using a full trout, then place some of the mixture into the fish.
– Place trout into the oven. Cook for approx 30 mins or till flesh turns white and the trout is cooked.
– While the trout cooks, lightly fry a handful of chopped almonds in about 2 tbls of butter.
– Once cooked, top the trout with both the almonds and the butter, the butter would have browned while frying the almonds and the result is a deliciously nutty flavoured ‘sauce’
– Serve with lemon wedges, a salad and asparagus or potatoes.
Baked Asparagus Spears:
Much love, ‘S’