Perfect as a main or side.
Write a review
- 1 tbls coconut oil
- 1 tbls ground garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground dhana jeeru (cumin and coriander powder)
- Pinch of turmeric
- Red Chilli powder to taste
- 1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
- Sprig of thyme
- 2 small brinjals
- Mozarella cheese
- Heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and braise for a minute.
- Add the spices and braise for a minute.
- Add in the tomatoes, cook on low till the spices and tomatoes meld.
- Lastly throw in the sprig of thyme and parsley.
- Set aside to cool.
- Thinly slice the Brinjals, rinse and soak in salted water. Pat dry.
- Fry in hot oil.
- Layer brinjals, sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 180 degrees C till heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Brinjals can also be shallow fried.
- For a healthier option, airfry with a tsp or 2 of coconut oil.
Vanilla Sugar http://vanillasugar.co.za/wp/