Today the baking bug bit. Badly. At around 2pm I fell asleep for 30 minutes and when I woke it was with an itch that I just had to scratch- by baking chocolate chip cookies… and then cappuccino muffins too!!
I decided on a chocolate chip cookie with a difference in that I used white chocolate chips and I must say that it was a really good alternative. The muffin recipe is from my book dec.a.dent and coffee time was a very yummy affair with fresh hot muffins and sweet delicious smelling and yummy yummy tasting cookies!
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup soft butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsps vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 tsp bicarb
2 tsp hot water
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
– Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
– Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
– Dissolve baking soda in hot water.
– Add to batter along with salt.
– Stir in flour and chocolate chips.
– Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop mixture onto baking sheet.
– Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
– Leave on the tray for 5 minutes then place on to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy with much love always ‘S’