Thyme & Pepper Steak
2 lb beef
Salt to taste
2 tsp crushed garlic
2 full tsp grated ginger
Freshly cracked pepper
Few sprigs fresh thyme
2 tsp crushed green chillies
1 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp dhana jeeroo
2 tsp of lemon juice
2 large onions sliced
– Marinate the steak in all the ingredients besides the onions.
– Sauté the onions in coconut oil or ghee till translucent with some crushed pepper and thyme.
– Add in the steak and braise.
– Lower the heat and cook till done.
– Add 2 slit green chillies about 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
– Fry potatos cut in to thick chips.
– Garnish with fresh sprigs of thyme and mint before serving.
Serve with flat bread & a green salad.