A smooth and delicious alternative to the store bought versions. I’m trying out the recipe using a recipe saver in the hopes that you guys can save the recipes posted with ease. Do let me know what you think.
A smooth, delicious dip and accompaniment.
Write a review
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup Tahini paste
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- Put the drained chickpeas in to a dish.
- Top with water.
- Gently rub till the skins come off, remove the skins.
- Put into a pot with water to cover the chickpeas and bring to a boil.
- Leave to simmer for 5 mins.
- Drain but reserve half the water that it was cooked in.
- In a processor add the Tahini paste.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Then add the garlic and salt.
- Drain the chickpeas in to a bowl and set aside the water it was cooked in.
- Add the chickpeas to the processor.
- At this point it will be slightly dry so add a teaspoon of the water till you reach the desired consistency.
- Decant into a bowl.
- Make an indentation in the centre.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Top with olive oil.
- Serve with pita.
- Can be used as a dip for veggies as well as in sandwiches, falafels and works well with lamb and chicken dishes.
Vanilla Sugar http://vanillasugar.co.za/wp/