Spicy Shrimp Curry
1 packet deveined, shelled prawns, rinsed
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 medium onions, chopped
2 whole dry red chillis
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp Fine pepper
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Fine red chilli powder
1 tsp Coarse red chilli powder
1full tsp Crushed garlic
1/2 tsp Ginger garlic masala
2 – 3 Curry leaves.
– Sauté the onions and whole red chillies in oil till pink.
– Add in the spices ( besides the curry leaves ) Braise.
– Add the tomato and cook till slightly dried out.
– Add the shrimp, curry leaves and a little water, cook on low till curry has thickened and the shrimps have cooked.
– Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve with steamed rice.
Soak 1 cup rice in water.
Bring water to boil in a pot with a cinnamon stick and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
Once boiling add in the rice and cook till done.
Drain and rinse.
Place back into a pot and add a tsp of Robertsons Spice for Rice (spice is optional ).
Add a 1/4 cup water and steam the rice.
Serve hot with the shrimp curry.