Want a quick, easy and oh so dreamy lemon cake? Then look no further ! This is lemon love right here, and definitely one of those cakes with the perfect amount of citrusy yumminess. Oh, did I mention that it is soft and moist and not just quick and easy?!
Lemony Loaf Cakes
200g butter, softened
1 cup castor sugar
4 large eggs
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp baking powder
Zest of 1 lemon
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
– Grease 2 loaf pans and set aside.
– In a mixing bowl, cream the butter & sugar till light & creamy.
– Add the lemon juice, beat well.
– Add in the eggs 1 at a time, beat well between each addition.
– Sift your flour and baking powder over the mixture and then thrown in your lemon zest, stir till well combined.
– Pour the mixture between the loaf pans and bake for approximately 40 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean.
– Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
3 tbls icing sugar
– Place the icing sugar in a bowl and add the lemon juice in 1/2 tsp increments until you reach a thick but pourable consistency.
– Once the cakes are cool, drizzle over with the glacé.